Case Study Details
To begin an advertising campaign, you must first find the problem. Only then can you work towards a solution.
LocateSmarter is local to the Cedar Falls area, but they do work all over the country. They provide several types of products, including data licensing, API solutions and skip tracing. When LocateSmarter contacted Impact, they wanted to refresh their website. It was filled with information about the company, team and all their services, but it was difficult to navigate and struggled to bring in business because of this.
- Market: Technology, Metro Cedar Valley
- Project: Website redesign & Advertising
- Start Date: March, 2021
- End Date: Continuous
Here are some of the main services Impact Marketing provided for the creative approach.
We combine your goals and objectives with our knowledge and experience to create a specific plan of attack for your online strategy. At Impact, we believe that your campaign should be the focalized center of your brand.
Every Campaign has its trial to success. Learn about how we conquered ours with thorough research and strategy.
- Like with most of our projects, the first thing we did was meet as a team to brainstorm different ideas. The client was able to provide us with a great amount of information for their site, including how they wanted things to look. The client said that in addition to following their established branding guidelines, they wanted to utilize animation and iconography. LocateSmarter wanted their site to have a more modern appeal to it and asked that we limit the use of photography.
- One thing that our in-house development team came up with was a mega menu to break down all the different information on the site. This way, when a visitor came to the site, it was easier for them to locate what they were looking for and not get lost in a sea of information. Our team also added subpages under the main menu to make the information easier to digest.
- The client also requested that their website have a section on the bottom of each page that would allow visitors to add in their information to receive emails from LocateSmarter. It was important to show on the website that the client is following government guidelines, so in the footer we added different forms and laws based on state requirements.
The eyes capture things that draw our attention. That is why we use branding and strong visuals to draw the user in.
When it came to the imagery, our team of web developers made sure to use the brand colors, font and logo designs. The client wanted their homepage to stand out, so we added animated text at the top of the page. Within the body of the pages, our team also added carousels to help contain information without overwhelming the visitor. In the end, our team took something that was broken and hard to navigate and not only fixed the problem, but made the website more inviting while following set guidelines and already established branding.